Friday, January 2, 2009
2009 Ready Virginia Public Outreach Campaign Dates
Ready Virginia will conduct five public education campaigns in 2008. Each campaign will include new releases, updated Web site content on http://www.ReadyVirginia.gov and on http://www.vaemergency.com, and a proclamation from Gov. Tim Kaine.
* Tornado Preparedness Day: March 17, 2009 (statewide tornado drill at 9:45 a.m.)
* National Hurricane Preparedness Week: May 24-30, 2009
* National Preparedness Month: September 2009
* Fire Prevention Month: October 2009
* Winter Preparedness Week: Nov.29 - Dec. 5, 2009